1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware issue.. But I can't figure it out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shahmir, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shahmir

Shahmir Thread Starter

My pc has been causing trouble for a while now.. I am getting the black screen at the start up which shows no hard drive found.. When I pressed F5 to run a diagnostics test.. The beep code initiated with 4 beeps from the pc .. I can't understand what's the issue

Attached Files:

2. austinpinto

austinpinto

hi.
    does the black screen with no hard drive found come always or is it sometimes?
    if its allways its a hard drive failure
    if its sometimes you should check the connection between the hard drive and motherboard or try a different sata cable.
    if there is any hard drive led on your pc it should blink.

3. Shahmir

Shahmir Thread Starter

It always comes in the start.. Now the pc crashes on starting windows.. Is the hard disk faulty? I have lights 1 2 and 3 on but 4 is blinking.. As it crashes on starting windows.. Also I got a beep code initiating 1-4

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Does it continue to boot after seeing the black screen and pressing f1 key. If your press f2to access the bios, do you see your hard drive and is it in the correct boot order? Have you ran the f5 diagnostics?

Are you able to boot into safe mode? If so find your c:Windows/minidump folder. Compress to a zip file and upload or share via file sharing.

5. Shahmir

Shahmir Thread Starter

When I press F1 it says no boot device available.. Whenever I run the diagnostics test by pressing F5 it says no hard drive found

Attached Files:

6. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Sure sounds like the HDD is going south in a hurry! I hope you've got a good backup of all your important files!
    Hard drive replacement is typically not especially difficult, but could be time consuming to get everything back the way you had it/like it, all your programs reinstalled, etc.

7. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Either bad hard drive or issue with connection. If you are comfortable opening up the computer you can check the connections, but most likely your hard drive has failed.

8. Shahmir

Shahmir Thread Starter

Also I used a Radeon HD 5670 graphics card.. I thought it might be causing the system to crash then I switched it with a 256 mb Nvidia one.. But the issue pertains.. As seen above.. So if I change my hard disk the issue will be resolved right?

9. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Be sure there isn't a loose connection first.
    Also, be aware that physically replacing the HDD is just the first step in the process. Once installed you will need to reinstall your operating system.

10. Shahmir

Shahmir Thread Starter

Well I understand that. I've already checked it for loose connections.. Maybe I'll replace the SATA wires and the hard disk.. That should be enough right?

11. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Start with the cable. If the problem still occurs, then move on to the HDD.

Also, ensure the HDD power cable is secure and/or try using a different power connector.

12. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    If the cables seem secure, it's most likely a drive failure. Cables seldom fail, but can become loose with vibrations.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice