Hardware issue resulting in no display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Acote

Greetings and thanks in advance!
So my CPU fan component wasn't properly attached and caused my computer to half boot and turn off. I noticed this and proceeded to take everything apart, unplugged waited, took shell off unplugged everything from the CPU fan to processer to removed mother board and reattacher the casing that holds the fan components to the mother board.
I fear, that in my first attempt at plugging everything back in, i fried something..
Either with the front panel connections being incorrect (noob over here) or the power supply to my hard drive..
Computer fans and panel lighting are all functional, the only known issue is theres no display.. also front usb ports don't seem to be working there's power but no mouse keyboard lights .. ugh I'm so smart :p
I've been looking at guides and stuff for hours ensuring I have things plugged in correctly.
Haaaalp
If further info is needed please inquire. I'm not sure what to include as I fear the issues could be many..

Attachments

Last edited:

Acote

Areas in which I may have plugged things in wrong.. too many extra power supply ports made for a confused Ashley.. smh
Theres a audio several pin port unplugged in to the mother board under the system fan (previous photo) and I plugged in the usb front panel components into the mother board in one of the usb f ports under..
Evga 500b power supply

Attachments

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Try removing the Graphics card and connecting the monitor to the motherboard's graphics to get a display.
If that works reinstall the graphics card making sure it's fully into the socket and see if you get a display from it's connector now.

If there's still no display carefully check you have connected all the needed power plugs to the motherboard, a common mistake is not connecting the ATX_12V plug. (4 pin on your mboard).

Refer to your motherboard manual and check all connections are correct.

If you don't have the manual you can download it here :- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-S2P-rev-31#ov
But make sure it's the correct revision, you may have to look at your board to find which revision it is or it may be on the box if you still have it.
Check at top left immediately after the 'Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P' text that the correct revision is in brackets, if not click on the correct one. Then click on Support > Manual and download the manual.

If none of the above helps try the 'Troubleshooting Guide for Problem builds' by Crjdriver here :-
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-guide-for-problem-builds.580000/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online