1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vijayfoundation, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vijayfoundation

Vijayfoundation Thread Starter

Hello,
    One day my dell xps m1530 laptop show a message - time clock of day has stopped. It means that I have to open every part of my laptop and then I have to change the CMOS battery. I have done this stuff any clean every dust from laptop and from fan blower of heat sink and also removed the hard thermal paste from CPU and GPU but not putted new paste. Now my laptop is working but for only 2 or 3 min and then shut down automatically everytime. There is some rise of temperature at heat sink but not so much. Please tell me what to do now.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Put new paste onto the Cpu and Gpu.

Also check for any blockage between the fan and it's grill shaped heatsink if you haven't already done so.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Yes you definitely should add thermal paste back

4. Vijayfoundation

Hello,
    I have done everything as your suggestion and my laptop dell xps m1530 is not working but their are some problems in the laptop's behaviour -
    1st the fan in not starting, I have installed speedfan 4.52 but it is not working fully, it is showing some errors on detaching the system. So because of fan problem after the high temperature the laptop shuts before any test
    2nd thing in the starting window the display shows a white brightness for 1 or 2 second.
    3rd when I am playing any video or any song then in every minute the audio is also vibrating for evey 1 sec.
    4th the leptop is showing lazyness in every task as compared to past before CMOS replacement.
    5th before replacement of CMOS, the pad was closed for some display issues but now, it is working.
    Except these thing laptop is working properly, I have checked installation and uninstallation., Video is runing properly. Biggest problem is fan because of temperature sensor issue.
    Please send me some help. Thanks.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Looking at this video
    there are three places that require thermal paste. One looks like it has a thermal pad, if so the pad has to be removed and replaced with a thermal pad or thermal paste. Thermal pads are only meant to be used once.
    Are you sure you plugged the fan back in?

AmateurJohn and bassfisher6522 like this.
  6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

If this is true....that's the issue for turning off after 2-3 minutes. It's to protect the CPU from over heating. You need to reapply some new thermal paste "PRONTO"!

Well crap...I see I a day late and a dollar short with my answer.

7. Vijayfoundation

I have applied thermal paste at every 3 places, then these issues are coming.

8. Vijayfoundation

I am thinking that is there any settings which are affected by changing CMOS battery because after all CMOS control every setting of BIOS, by the way BIOS settings are running on default settings.

9. Vijayfoundation

these are the details of speed fan message about my laptop -

ERROR collecting CPU Usage : 1 (Unable to locate the "Processor" performance object)
    Win9x:NO 64Bit:YES GiveIO:NO SpeedFan:YES
    I/O properly initialized
    Linked ISA BUS at $0290
    Linked Intel 82801HB ICH8 SMBUS at $10C0
    Found nVidia GeForce 8600M GT
    Unable to read Video BIOS
    Linked nVidiaI2C0 SMBUS at $3D403E3F
    Linked nVidiaI2C1 SMBUS at $3D403637
    Linked nVidiaI2C2 SMBUS at $3D405051
    Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
    DELL at $3E8 msg : Tested temps : 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
    DELL at $3E8 msg : Tested fans : 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
    DELL at $3E8 msg : Tested pwms : 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Scanning Intel SMBus at $10C0...
    Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D403E3F...
    Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D403637...
    Scanning I2CNVidia SMBus at $3D405051...
    Found ST9320320AS on AdvSMART
    Found ACPI temperature
    Found Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz
    End of detection
    Loaded 0 events

Is there anyone who can study these problems
    which speed fan exe is facing in my laptop

10. lynx1021

lynx1021

mainwindow.gif fancontrol3-l.png Were you using speed fan to control your fan? maybe you have the settings wrong, it is for "advanced users". It is an old program and I tried it years ago and it wouldn't work on my mother board. Remember at one time it messed up some mother boards. You posting "Details of speed fan" is not helpful, need screen shots like.

11. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If there was a thermal pad, the blue square shown at around 2:25 in the video, did you replace it ? They tend to be thicker than thermal paste and you may need to get one if you didn't.

Please confirm you connected the fan's cable to the motherboard properly.

12. Vijayfoundation

hello friends,
    now my laptop is ok, fan is running now and everything is good now but the performance is very slow.
    A window or even a file saving window is opening in 15 seconds. here is the window performance result in the image. please tell me any solution. I am wasting 1 hr time on the work which is of 15 min only.

Attached Files:

• gwr.JPG
      gwr.JPG
      File size:
      78 KB
      Views:
  13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice