Hardware issue?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeSwim07

I randomly get this BSOD maybe twice a week. Here is the error,

Terminal_Server_Driver_Made_Incorrect_Memory_reference

Stop 0x000000CF ( 0xBDCCCCCD, 0x00000000, oxBDCCCCCD, 0x00000002)

Thank you,

If you need any more info, please tell me

Mike

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
The first link provided by Alex had several suggestions, have you tried those? Did it start after installing anything new?

MikeSwim07

No, I haven't installed anything new recently.

What is a good scanner to check what driver updates I need?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I don't trust any of those scanners. Just look in Device Manager for what hardware you have and go to the manufacturer's website. You'll want to update the chipset drivers of the motherboard, video drivers, sound drivers, network card drivers, and nay other devices you have connected.

Do you have all your Windows Updates installed as well?

And what version of Windows is on the computer?

MikeSwim07

Yes, I always have windows updates turned on and I just checked on the update site, they are all installed.

I am using Windows XP.

I'll check through the Device Manager

MikeSwim07

How exactly do I update the drivers? I go to the Device Manager, right click on the certain devices and click "Update Driver...". But there are never any updates found.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
No, you go to the manufacturer's website, look up the correct driver and download it. Start by identifying the motherboard model.

SIW may help you identify the hardware: http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
The motherboard manufacturer's site would likely have most of the drivers you need, but for any add-in cards you'd have to go to their website; for example if you have an ATI video card then you'd go to www.ati.com.

MikeSwim07

So here is my mother board info from the SIW. So I go to dell.com and then what?

Manufacturer Dell Computer Corp.
Model 0R8060

MikeSwim07

Thanks,

How do I know what Downloads to get?

I am really new to updating drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online