1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kamadre, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamadre

kamadre Thread Starter

I have been working on a computer for other people and have come across a few new problems that i have not seen before. most of it is related to BIOSTAR TA890GXB HD AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard which has 2 LED lights that are not lighting which talks about abnormal CPU/chipset error. but the thing is this does not always happen. I can boot the computer sometimes and it will boot just fine but when i restart those two lights which are LED_D1 and LED_D2 do not come on. Also system will get stuck on windows 7 load screen as well. Then the next time that i boot computer successfully it has to restore to before all drivers were installed. I need help with this any ideas?

2. Electron2418

Electron2418

Did you try to flash with new version BIOS? Maybe it can solve a problem.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    First off I wold leave the BIO Flash idea alone for now. This is something that can turn your motherboard into a collection of useless parts if it goes wrong. Flashing the BIOS is not a recommended troubleshooting proceedure.

second please include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice