1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware or software problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stefanoana, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefanoana

stefanoana Thread Starter

I was having an issue with my PC, almost every day my system crashed, everything got frozen, even the sound, usually I had to reboot, I didn't have a blue screen, sometimes the system was rebooting itself. After I installed windows 10 again I was having the same problem, and then I upgraded my bios to the latest version but apparently every time I restart my PC, the windows runs into repairing and recovery problems. After a couple of restarts and entering again in bios the system restarts fine, the good news so far is that the system doesn't crash anymore, but it's too early to say that, I will have to see the next 2 days what happens. I know you have your experts there, is there anything I should do or shouldn't do, to make my system work normal, thank you.
    My PC specs are : AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 32 GB DDRAM4 2400 Mhz, PSU Thermaltake 750W, SSD 1,2 TB,motherboard is Gigabyte B450M Ds3H-CF

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, to find out IF you have a software/windows/driver problem OR a hardware problem, boot the system with a linux usb. If linux runs fine, then it most likely is a windows/driver problem. If you have the same type of problems when running the linux live usb, then you have a hardware ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, etc problem. I would use either linux mint or ubuntu for this task.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice