Hardware previously used

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JSTAR68

Hi guys can anyone please help me here.
I was recently robbed and the person stole my external hard drive which contains about 30 years of my life including family photographs and work files as well as a lot of personal information. To help the police with their inquiries they require to know the make and model of the hard drive but unfortunately I do not have this. Is there a way of finding this information on my computer stored in the way of previously used hardware installed. any advice will be much appreciated

regards Jason

plodr

Liz
If you purchased it with a credit card, you might be able to find the information on an old credit card receipt.

plodr

Liz
Thanks for that allheart55! I learn at least one new thing about computers daily.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online