1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware problem, I think

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shugiosha, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Not sure I follow, UBCD is just for diagnostics.

You may need to boot from the Windows disc and perform the repair options it offers.

2. shugiosha

shugiosha Thread Starter

I still cannot access windows, and don't know how to use the software for checking the SSD from usb without being in windows.

How do I boot from the windows disk, I do not have an actual hard copy disk for it?

3. shugiosha

shugiosha Thread Starter

new info. Tried to checkdisk for windows again, this time it hung at adding a new item to idex ant $SII for a while, then blue screened me.

the blue screen was something along the lines of _NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (comp attempted reboot before I could record technical information).

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Did the computer not come with a Windows disc? Was it purchased with Windows 7 and does it have a license sticker on the computer?

You need to run the Toolbox in Windows, you can't do so until it's working again.

5. shugiosha

shugiosha Thread Starter

It was pre-installed.I do have the sticker w/ license. What do I do from there?

6. shugiosha

shugiosha Thread Starter

Okay, I'm back again.

New RAM (16GB DDR3 Corsair) and a new HDD (500 GB), SDD is unplugged.

Have begun the process of reinstalling windows 7, will update as progress occurs (or fails).

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065570