1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware problem or win-regestry?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by InEclipse, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InEclipse

InEclipse Thread Starter

I have had many Windows registry problems with my computer. For example the reg-key for windows fonts had disappeared resulting in windows full of windings gibberish. At this moment the choice for windows-xp appearance has disappeared from my desktop-properties-menu so now i can only have windows classic appearance. Very often my computer checks my disc contents for failures on startup although i shut down my computer correct. I have had the error message "cannot find file: windows\system32\config\system" (or something like that) while booting my computer a thousand times. Etc.

All these problems did not disappear after numerous times of full-formating, reinstalling XP, virus checks, spy-ware checks. I have the impression that it could be a hardware problem. Sould I maybe install XP on a different partition? Help..

System:
    Proc: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (2.16GHz 521MB)
    HD: Caviar 120GB special edition sata 7200RPM 8mb cache
    Int.Mem: DDR 512MB PC400 DRAM 64mx64 OEM CL3
    Motherb.: ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe
    Grph.card: ASUS Graphics Radeon 9600SE 128MB

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. InEclipse

InEclipse Thread Starter

Ok thanx for the info. Ill try it out tomorrow.. its midnight on this side of the atlantic now. Ive already tried "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows" and it gave me an instant "blue screen" for 2 seconds and reboted my pc. I tried it again and made a picture of the blue screen with my digicam so i had the time to read it. It said (translated) "A problem has been found. Windows will shut down to prevent damage. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blablabla". I had the same blue screen a few minutes later when i was testing "TuneUp Utilities 2004" at themoment when i pushed a button to get IDE information of my HDD.. its all so weird.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice