1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by REDMENACE99, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDMENACE99

REDMENACE99 Thread Starter

I apologize for my long post in advance. I also apologize I had a post regarding this in the Digital Photography section of the forums and only had one reply which didn't answer my question and it is more a hardware question anyway. I have a Kodak EasyShare DX6340 digital camera. Along with the camera I have the Kodak EasyShare software installed on my computer and I also have the EasyShare camera dock 6000. The camera dock was supposed to make the transfer process easier and faster which in my case does neither. I also was getting an error when trying to transfer from the camera while in the dock to the PC using the Easyshare software that said Device Information Could Not Be Found. So I decided to take the dock out of the equation and hook the camera directly via USB. Now when I connected the camera the first time I got Windows Has Detected New Hardware box than went on to a box that said Windows Detected Kodak DX6340. So it seems that Windows 2000 SP4 recognized and installed the camera. Now when I go into the Easyware software to transfer pictures I get the same Device Information Could Be Found. In both using the dock and USB I am still able to put the pictures onto the PC, I just took the dock out cause it has more problems than it's worth. The problem I have is that the Easyshare software is very lethargic and clunky, for lack of better words and I want to get rid of it. I have Nero Ultra 7 installed on my computer that offers better tools for editing pictures, and is just a better all around program. For some reason even though windows said it detected and installed the camera, the camera is not listed as a removable drive or shown as installed at all. In CONTROL PANEL there is a section SCANNERS AND PRINTERS and it is not shown in there so I try to install it manually. It gives me the option of selecting from a list but the DX series is not available under Kodak so it says to use a disk. Now I used the disk that came with the camera and it does not have any compatible files to install the camera. Now if I uninstall the Easyshare software, which I want to do, I won't be able to get pictures using Nero because I can't access the camera. I tried contacting Kodak technical support and the danced around the question and when I responded trying to get an answer the sent me an email wanting me to call a 1-800 number to get the most effective help. So I wanted to try to see if someone on here can help before I talk to a person that I can't understand or can't help me anyway. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the EasyShare software and the most recent Firmware for the camera to no help. I also made sure that Windows 2000 was fully up to date which it was. When I posted this before the question I asked was about this problem and the opinion on the Nero Photo software and only received the answer to the latter. Is it a windows problem? Kodak Software problem? Camera problem? Again I apologize for the long post which seems to be a trend when I post. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/450638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice