1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moosebuck, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosebuck

moosebuck Thread Starter

I have an asus t2-ah1 barebone system, it runs on windows vista enterprise edition.

lately when it is running it has been prone to suddenly "shutting off" all on its own

the monitor would go blank and the computer would start to reboot

when this happens an audible click and/or blip can be heard from the computer, I do not know if it is emitted from the mainboard, hard drive, or graphics card or some other component.

the situation now is that I can't even get into windows, as the computer would suddenly blink and go out and start rebooting every time it is half way through start-up.

I don't think it is the power supply unit, since I only recently replaced it with a new (higher wattage) one, so what could the problem be?

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/ASUS_T2_AH1__6478215 this one? if so what did you add to it?
    can you reboot into safe mode? do a restore? use disc to repair ?
    shutting down usually heat related or ram issue
    remove 1 ram if have 2 re try
    whilst in there check all connectors, a iffy connector to a HD will do what you are experiencing
    re seat CPU ?
    were you installing vista updates?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/936296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice