1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Hardware questions, and bsod's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by siime, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siime

siime Thread Starter

I recently built a PC. This was my first time doing it, and ran into multiple problems which i was able to fix all but one. memory management error is the last one. i am working on that one now, setting up a usb drive with memtest on it, and will be running that soon. i am currently on my old PC so I will do my best with the specs of the new one.

amd ryzen 7 2700x wraith prism cooler
    gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming mobo
    msi 1660 ti 6gb
    16gb corsair vengence 3000mh ram 2x8 version 5.30
    500gb ssd
    1tb mechanical drive
    legally activated windows 10 version 1809(i noticed this to be a problem with people in looking over things here before posting, so i wanted to include it from the start)

A little background when i originally purchased the parts. i bought 32gb of g skill flarex 3200, i could not get mobo to post with this, so thats why it has the vengence ram. according to both g skill and pc parts picker this ram is supposed to be compatable, according to gigabites web site this ram is not compatable. seems as gigbyte wins this one.
    question 1.
    if i were to update the bios could that possibly make the g skill ram compatable?

i have looked at bios updates on gigabites site, and i see my bios listed and a date.
    then up the page from there is other bios versions
    f40 mainly and update to make this board compatable with 3000 series processors
    f31, f30, f6, f5
    i currently have f5 from the factory installed.

question 2.
    do i update to f6, then to f30 etc. stopping at f31, since at this time i have no plans to upgrade the processor.

my mobo is designed to work with the qflash utility. it does give me a little more confidence doing this, but it's also another thing i have never done is flash a bios. not wanting to brick the mobo.

and lastly on the vengence ram
    the one thing that makes me question that the ram is not the problem and the mobo could very well be is.
    if i continue to keep restarting the pc, i can get it to boot into the desktop and run perfectly for hours. all the ram is able to be seen and its all there.

any help on this would be extremely helpful

i do plan on overclocking at a later date, but i want it stable and running good before even attempting this, and more research

Last edited: May 24, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice