1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware Radio Switch

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by barky24, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barky24

barky24 Thread Starter

To start, I am running Windows 7 on a Dell Studio laptop. I've been experiencing problems whenever I leave my home wireless network while traveling and then switch to a Verizon wireless USB card. Whenever I return to my home wireless and boot up the computer my wireless is not activated. It tells me the hardware radio switch is set to off. No I know you have to turn it back on by hitting the blue Fn (function) key and then also hit the F2 at the same time. My problem is it appears the Fn key isn't working and will not turn it back on nor will it work on any of the other function keys such as the battery indicator, etc. Is there anything I can do to make sure the function key is enabled? Is there another way to switch on the radio button? I've searched for this but cannot find anything. If anyone has any detailed instructions, please let me know. In the past the Fn key did work, but today it is not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice