Hardware Resource Conflicts and hangs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digikma

Im currently working on a pc with some confusing hardware issues. A friend brought me a pc with some of the devices not working. Upon viewing the device manager I noticed the following devices and the errors they gave. My first notice though was that the friends AGP ATI video card was not shown, nor any display adapters. The thing I notices was that I was able to see the conflict error message, but couldnt change the resource assignments to fix it. I tried disabling some devices as well to see if I could free anything up, with no luck.

VIA CPU to AGP Controller with a yellow ! - Code 12 - Cannot find enough resources. The device drivers are shown and updated.

COM 1 and COM 2 devices both share the same error. Code 10 - The Device Cannot Start - Drivers are present and updated.

Standard Floppy Controller - Code 10 - The Device Cannot Start - Drivers are present and updated.

I also noticed on random reboots I would recieve both of the following error messages. Then windows would hang on a black screen.

services.exe - Bad image
c:\windows\system32\msvcp60.dll is not a valid windows image

lsass.exe- Bad Image
c:\windows\system32\msacm32.dll is not a valid windows image

I cannot boot into safe mode as well as it hangs on the mup.sys driver. I tried reinstalling the devices and drivers with no luck. Im not concerned with the mup.sys error as thats a general error Ive fixed many times. The errors above that are what is new to me.

The pc in question seems to be infected with some Malware/Trojan/Virus which I posted in the proper forum.

The system in question is a XP Home SP2 , Intel P4 with 512mb memory.

Thanks

Agree to your idea to post in the Security Forum to see if they find anything. Then post back here.

digikma

norton850 said:
Agree to your idea to post in the Security Forum to see if they find anything. Then post back here.
Well I dont think that the random Malware and crap on the PC has to do with the hardware issues. I know there is always a chance, but I think its a hardware issue. The Malware seems to be your avg run of the mill annoyance stuff. I did post the HJT log but I wanted to keep the 2 issues in their own forums.

digikma

According to the owner of the PC.

His Floppy / Midi Card / Dual Monitors from his AGP card stopped working randomly. The midi card / agp graphics card are newer but the board looks to be older. I attempted to benchmark it but Sandra and Everest failed to load. I know the system is in really bad shape, it was in worse when I got it. It really would probaly easiest to just backup any personal data and wipe it, but being a good tech, I wish to learn anything new instead of taking the easy way out and wiping it. If I have to Ill wipe it, but I would much rather learn something new from the ordeal.

With all the hardware failures you have to wonder if reinstalling Windows is going to fix the problem anyway.

digikma

Well for some reason It just came to me that the guy installed a new DVD burner before bringing me the PC. I am curious is to if adding the device set forth a butterfly effect of resource conflicts.

What I dont get is why the Graphics card or any other display adapter isnt showing up, but the VIA AGP to CPU is showing.

You are correct though that a clean start may not even fix the situation. I am just hoping the issue can be fixed on the O/S level.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online