Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardware scan error

5K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I am using Windows 10 Home/64 on a Lenovo 700-251SH desktop pc.On 6/23/2016 i ran a Lenovo hardware scan and the motherboard usb test failed with a WMB01A008-WL7AHH error code.Can someone please tell me how to clear this up?As far as i can tell the computer is working ok.The hardware scan app is hung on this error.

#3 ·
The first thing i did was post on the Lenovo forum but have gotten no response so far.There are USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and all are working as far as i can tell.Every once in a while i get an error message that a usb device is using too much power but i haven't been able to determine which device it is and the message goes away.The hardware scan app is hung on the scan error and i would like to be able to clear it.

#4 ·
Every once in a while i get an error message that a usb device is using too much power but i haven't been able to determine which device it is and the message goes away.
What USB devices do you connect to that desktop?
Do they all receive their power from the USB ports, or do any of them have their own external power source?
The hardware scan app is hung on the scan error and i would like to be able to clear it.
Have you done a restart?

--------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
I have an Epson printer,Logitech webcam,Logitech wireless mouse,Lenovo keyboard and Yubico verification flash drive.They all are plugged into the desktop for usb power.The Lenovo Solution Center is hung on the 6/23 motherboard error and i don't know how to clear it.I have done quite a few restarts.

#6 ·
The Epson printer connects to the computer via a cable to a USB port, but it gets it power from its power adapter that plugs into a wall outlet.
The webcam and keyboard and thumb drive and mouse receiver get their power from the USB ports.
The computer should be able to handle those power requirements just fine.

Are you still getting a hardware scan error message after restarting the computer?

---------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
Once the error message comes up it will stay there for days no matter what i do.I have reinstalled the Lenovo Solution Center and now it will not load.I have done a repair install and still it won't load after several restarts.I believe the problem is the program and not the computer.Thanks for your help but at this point i may delete the LSC as the computer seems to be fine.

#8 ·
I was going to suggest you uninstall and get rid of the Lenovo Solution Center.
That's part of the "bloat-ware" that comes in many factory-brand computers.

I recently serviced a Toshiba laptop, and you wouldn't believe how much useless "bloat-ware" it had in it.
It runs better and faster since getting rid of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.