Solved hardware specs for emachines desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
T

triavox

Im trying to reconfigure X after a system failure w/ *nix. I forgot to backup the xorg.conf file, which was really really stupid now that i come to think of it. x is being a ***** to install again, and now i need the hardware specs for an emachines desktop T1220.

Actually, all i need is the video card manufacturer(its onboard), and the color-depth i should use for my moniter. The manufacturer's site friggin took down product support for this comp :\

if anyone can help thanks a lot

triavox said:
Im trying to reconfigure X after a system failure w/ *nix. I forgot to backup the xorg.conf file, which was really really stupid now that i come to think of it. x is being a ***** to install again, and now i need the hardware specs for an emachines desktop T1220.
Actually, all i need is the video card manufacturer(its onboard), and the color-depth i should use for my moniter. The manufacturer's site friggin took down product support for this comp :\
if anyone can help thanks a lot
Hi triavox,

At http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_T1220
Video: Intel Direct AGP 3D (810e shared)

If you download (freeware) Everest Free from http://www.lavalys.com you can verify this, and it will even check the SMART status of your hard drive, monitor your temperatures, and fan speeds.

-- Tom

T

triavox

thanks a lot. but now im having deeper problems than that. i know this is a hardware forum, but when i try starting x after i configured everything properly, still doesnt work. i know i set the moniter h and v syncs correctly, the video card is right, and the memory and color depth is right. think its a software problem or am i screwing something up?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online