1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ara141, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ara141

Ara141 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz, x64 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2039 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 38005 MB, Free - 16478 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 8I945GZME-RH
    Antivirus: Virgin Media Security, Updated and Enabled

want i like to know is that what can i upgrade on this system..which is suitable for this system?

2. ETech7

ETech7

Probably get a legitimate copy of Windows.

3. Abriam26

Abriam26

How can you see that it is not a legitimate copy of Windows?

You have this motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2304#sp
    You have 2 RAM slots, which can support up to 4 GB. (Windows 7 x32 can support up to 3GB/3,25GB/3,5GB and Windows 7 x64 can support 'every' amount of RAM)
    Now you have 2GB of RAM.
    Processor can be upgraded as well, you now have a Pentium D processor (exactly the same one as mine :p)
    You can upgrade to a Core 2 Duo Processor, which is much faster.
    You can also get a SATA harddrive instead of a IDE harddrive.. (if that is true)
    Or an SSD.
    Also you can have a PCI-e videocard... which is needed for 'good' gaming

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Honestly I would not put any money into that old of a system; at least not a new cpu. While the 945 chipset your board has can run some of the core2 cpus, it can only run them at the slower 800fsb and not the faster 1066.

In addition, the gigabyte site does not list driver support for your board with win7 [only driver shown is the sound driver] When you install an unsupported os, you are a beta tester; it may work and it may not work satisfactorily.

If you really really want to spend money and upgrade this system, I would invest in more ram and a lower end video card; something like this one.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129146

As I said before I would not invest money into this old of a system.

5. Abriam26

Abriam26

True, a plenty new system would be MUCH better :)
    It's a waste of money if you spend money on that old system, since it doesn't increase performance a lot.
    A new system with at least an Intel i3 processor is 300+% faster than yours

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice