1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware!?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xcodex, Oct 11, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Xcodex

Xcodex Thread Starter

using windows 7 dell studio 1558
    Black screen on startup no life at all but can hear the normal functions of the computer starting up.. hard drive etc
    Replaced the ram and it makes no beeps.
    I know the screen works because when I hold down D on startup it gives me the multicolour screen test. I’m losing the will to live now! Also tried vga cable which won’t appear on my tv or monitor. Is there anyway to jump start this comp back to life!?!

2. jdufou

jdufou

hello, before the black screen can you see any logo from dell or some kind of message?

3. Xcodex

Xcodex Thread Starter

No totally black

4. jdufou

jdufou

if you have the battery inserted please unplugged it. Also insist on try another ram memory, or be sure the one you are testing is working fine in another computer. Also try a different dc adapter. If problem persists you may have problems with your motherboard or the cpu

5. Xcodex

Xcodex Thread Starter

Are there any function keys I could use on startup to bring it back to life? Or run diagnostics etc

6. jdufou

jdufou

unfortunately not if its a basic hardware isue (cpu, motherboard or memory)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice