Hardware ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Weezie12

I have a Thinkpad 600 2645 35U with a locked bios due to a password that I have no idea of what it is. I was wanting to know if I can take the hard drive, floppy and cd rom drives and use them in another brand of laptop. I want to get another one, maybe from E-bay, but I don't want another Thinkpad, because of the possibility of getting another one which might lock up after a year of using it. This is what happened with the one I have. Thanks.

Weezie12

I don't know why it locked up. It worked fine until a month ago. When I powered it on, i get a padlock symbol asking for a password. i have tried everything anyone suggested, and I can't get it unlocked. IBM said I had to get a new motherboard, but I am not willing to pay that much money on this machine.

Listen Weezie I don't want to go down the road of assumptions here but why, if this laptop is legitimately yours, why can't you remember the bios password?
A bios password would ask you every day you booted up.

Weezie12

It is mine. I have had it over a year. I bought it from E-bay. The guy I bought it from doesn't know the password. It was a computer used by some company. And it worked perfectly until the password screen came up. I have posted many messages on this board asking for help, but nothing worked. Now I am about ready to give up, and try to get another laptop. Which brings me to my original ? Can I use the hard drive, floppy and cd rom in a different brand of laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online