1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Has American Idol Run Its Course?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by GoneForNow, Apr 9, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. GoneForNow

GoneForNow Thread Starter

I don't watch the show much, usually catching a few minutes when on. However, the show is the topic at work the morning after, at my bank, grocery store etc etc. I have consistently heard that the current crop of contestants has gone way down hill. Apparently the last show was Elton John songs, people told me it was so bad that they had to flip channels. Has AI hi the wall? The reality is that anyone that good would have already been "discovered" and those few marginally better then average got on the first two series.
    It appears that the biggest success from the current crop is William Huang(sp?) the guy who sings the "She Bangs" song. Record contract and already has released a CD, just was on the Today Show performing. And he didn't make the first cut!!

2. valley

valley

....never watched it myself [​IMG]

I've seen the haung guy on tv all over the place though. Not sure if I like the way they are promoting him. Seems a bit cruel to me since everyone is building up his dreams...looks like he hasnt got a clue...thats what makes it all the worse, imo!

3. Mulderator

Mulderator

All you need to know to realize that show sucks is that angelize, hotskates, and moonmist love it!!!

:D

4. AlbertB

AlbertB

Good Lord! I agree totally Mulder. :confused:

We have also had more than enough shows of that description. All of the sad bunnies who were instant " 'holics " to any degradation show have moved on to the next big fix over here. Thank Heavens. ;)

Trouble is the weak minded will always lap up what those who are stronger and more ruthless cram down their throats and tell them they should like.

It's the lure of the instant all over again, fame is the goal not skill. :D

5. moonmist

moonmist

Hmmmmmmmmm angelize and hotskates love you too?? I see the connection now! ..........guess that speaks volumes about you Mulder!!! :rolleyes:

6. Mulderator

Mulderator

Uhhh, aren't you forgetting someone?

;)

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

Is it just me, or does Albert remind you of the show's pompous co-host, Simon? Hell it might BE Albert!

:D

8. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

GB: Actually Ruben, last year's winner has made a tidy sum of money and the first AI has sold almost 2 million CD's thanks to the show's exposure. :) Clay Aiken, last year's first runner up is making a tidy sum also from CD sales. And Tamyra Gray has gone on to tv acting...she will be on "Tru Calling" next week. This crop right now has three excellent singers...Fantasia, Jennifer and Latoya. I think the show will go on...as I said 18 million viewers and 30 million people voting sure sounds like success to me! (y) :)

Mulder: :p :p :p :D

9. Mulderator

Mulderator

Yes, and I see many of them on the Jaywalking segment of the Jay Leno show! ;)

10. angelize56

Aren't you in rare form today Mulder! :p :)

11. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    This show hit the wall the day it was aired.

Conspiracy Theory: All the contestants are actors; the show is staged. BTW, have Milli Vanilli been on it yet? :D

12. angelize56

Pffftttt Jim! :p The show is a hit! :) By the way...how's Canadian Idol doing? :p :D

13. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Sorry Marlene; I don't watch mainstream TV. The only idol I ever see is the one in the bathroom mirror every morning! ;)

14. Mulderator

Mulderator

Don't know if I like the idea of you hanging my picture up in your bathroom? :confused:

15. angelize56

Awww you beat me to it Mulder!! :p :D I was going to say the same thing about your pic! :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218679

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice