1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Has anybody heard or know much about Ray Kurzweil?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by EagleClaw92, Jan 28, 2013.

1. EagleClaw92

EagleClaw92 Thread Starter

I've been reading some about this guy & watching some videos of him & I find him very interesting. He is an author, futurist, inventor, genius, & I think he recently took a job with Google as the head of their research dept., but I'm not positive about that.

When he was a little kid in the 60's - he was on that show "I've got a secret" (although I'm sure most young folks will never have heard of this show). He had made a computer that played classical music - in an age when computers were hardly talked about and in their infancy.

He wrote a best selling book called "The Singularity" a while back (among many) which I believe states that if u can live until the year 2047.....with the technology they will have at that point (one being nanocomputers which will be as small as blood cells and will be able to be injected into people to find and cure their health issues), because of the exponential speed of advancing technology these days, u will be able to live for 100's of years and maybe as long as u want to.

I am very skeptical about all that stuff, but I do think he is incredibly smart & an interesting guy. He is doing what he can to make 2047. He takes a massive amount of supplements every day and does things like having his blood chelated on a regular basis to have the metal removed & other things like that.

He also says that in the last 20 years of his life (because of all these things he does) he has only aged 3 years. I doubt most folks could afford all the things this guy does to slow the aging process.
    I read that where he used to take 250 kinds of supplements a day, but he is now down to 150 + all the other stuff he does like blood chelating.

I forget exactly how old he is now - but I think for him to reach 2047, he will be in his late 90's. He seems like he is a real anti-aging expert. But I still find it difficult to believe any of this is possible, at least not in the next 34 years. Maybe in the next 340 if humans aren't extinct by then.

Here are a few short video's he has done.....and if anybody was interested...it would be easy to go to his website & I'm sure there are tons of sites where he and his ideas can be found.

I would be really interested in what other people thought of this guy.

http://bigthink.com/raykurzweil#!video_idea_id=14658

2. SoftMaster

SoftMaster

3. poochee

poochee

Interesting!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice