has anyone ever done this? broke resister on motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ecpool

I Just figured out what is wrong with my motherboard. When putting on the heat sink on my cpu i must have broken off a resister on the motherboard. I cant find it anywhere and the cpu will not comeup at all. has anyone ever installed a standard resister to try to make such a repair? would have to guess on the value.

you are not absolutely sure it was a resistor...maybe a fuse, capacitor,diode?

if you really want to save it, you're going to have to find out

look at the manual for clues?

if that piece is still rolling around somewhere....well - look harder for it

Stoner

Banned
Hi ecpool:

I never had that problem. You might search the web for a picture of the motherboard and see if you can get a color code off the resister image.

good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online