1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Has anyone played DVDs from PC to TV?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Rock, Jun 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock

Rock Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone has setup their PC to play DVDs and watch them on their TV? I have a 27" TV (no S-video or component video inputs, 5 yrs old). I was wondering: (1) what all is needed to setup this scenario (DVD player, encoder card?,video card w/ S-video or component video outputs,...) and (2) is this cost feasible?, and (3) how does it compare in quality (picture,sound,...). Are their other things to consider? Thanks in advance.

2. LarryCore

LarryCore

Well, monitors have a higher resolution than TVs, so they won't give you as good of a picture.

A DVD decoder card is the best way to go as it takes all the load off the CPU for playback and is much less likely to cause trouble. They usually have S vidoe outputs, so I'm not sure how you would connect to your television.

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech
    5/20 new, unlimited, pay to surf site added
    5/21 added interactive story site - it's fun!
    http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

3. bd

bd

Hi,
    You can find a 27 to 32 in. TV with S video inputs for $200 to $300 . Resolution varies so check that. Also monitor prices for 17 to 19 in are in that range too. Bob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!