1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Has anyone tried the AMD 64FX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fastlane247, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

I am thinking of building a sweet gaming pc, like best of the best stuff in it and was looking at the amd 64fx processor. Right now it is too high in price for me to buy but when it comes down i might get it but i dont see too many reviews on this processor yet (probably because no one can afford it yet being at 1000$ canadian) If anyone has a site that shows some info on it that would be great. I am only asking this because I recently upgraded my computer from amd 2500 - amd 3000 without checking the reviews and noticed in the most part the 2500 is not that far behind the 3000 so i kinda wasted my money upgrading to such a minor difference. (but my computer does run really awsome now :D so it was a good choice from my point of view)

2. wingfoot

wingfoot

hey fastlane firstoff i would like to apologize for rambling on yesterday.to answer your question i just built an amd64 3200+,it's not an fx but an asskicking machine none the less.the fx is socket 940 which amd roadpath seems to be eliminating in the future so i would hold off for now.this link should help you out.http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/cpu/article.php/3328371

3. Fastlane247

thanks alot ill check out that site :)

4. Horowitz

Horowitz

Fastlane I think you should by some new clothes instead

5. Fastlane247

Hey Horowitz... kinda funny that you work like 2 feet from my desk here... hahaha... nice

6. Horowitz

Horowitz

Not as funny as you are lookin'

7. jopapa1267

jopapa1267

hopefully you guys r friends lol.

8. Fastlane247

ya he is like 2 feet from my desk right now.... didnt even know he was on here until i looked at his location lol

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice