1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Has Intel run away from AMD?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Brum, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brum

Brum Thread Starter

Intel has been leading the industry lately ever since their release of the Core2Duo. As a fan of AMD processors, I keep waiting and waiting for AMD's answer to the Core 2 Duo. Intel has already released a Core 2 Quad (a dual core 2 dou) and is expecting to release a true Quad Core processor soon. On top of that they have made the first ever 45nm processors.

http://www.hardware.info/en-US/news/ym6cmZqawpqa/Intel_produces_prototypes_45nm_processor/

Has AMD lost their touch? I keep hearing about huge gains that Intel makes but never hear of anything from AMD anymore. The website posted above states that Intel is a year ahead of its competition. As far as I know, this is true.

AMD does have one thing going for them though. A few months ago they bought ATI. The possibilities of this merger are endless. We could see an integrated GPU within the CPU, faster GPUs, etc. So far though I have yet to hear of any advancements made from AMD.

Has anyone heard of any other technological advancements?

2. Brum

Brum Thread Starter

Bump

3. Brum

Brum Thread Starter

wow, no replies after a week....

AMD, I guess AMD is on the verge of dieing.

4. MSM Hobbes

MSM Hobbes

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Just think "cartoon races"

They go back and fourth with who is in the lead by just hair, and you keep biting your teeth...

AMD and Intel are about the same, they go back and fourth.

AMD was originally just an Intel clone comapny, then Intel stopped selling their tech to AMD and they started building their own stuff, I've liked AMD for a very long time, the launch of the Athlon XP line was very exciting.

Truth is give it a year or two and people will be worrying about the fate of Intel again.

6. Stoner

Stoner Banned

And that back and forth fierce competition lowers the price to the consumer while driving technology forward at a fast pace.
    A win-win for computer users.

7. robomatic

robomatic

Without trashing Intel, I've been using AMDs for the most part this Millenium and have been very happy. Last laptop was an Intel (not core duo) and it's great, too.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice