has internet coonection but cannot browse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

prettyyassy

i have win98 desktop and it is connected through Lan.. but then i have a connection through the internet Because i ping the gateway and there is a reply but then i can't browse in ie6 and mozila..

can any0ne help me?

thanks in advance.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Start, Run, COMMAND to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL >c:\IPCONFIG.TXT

Open c:\IPCONFIG.TXT in NOTEPAD, copy and paste all of it in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Also, let's see this.

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type COMMAND to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG

PING <computer_IP_address> >>PING.TXT

PING <default_gateway_address> >>PING.TXT

PING 216.109.112.135 >>PING.TXT

PING yahoo.com >>PING.TXT

Open c:\PING.TXT in NOTEPAD, copy and paste all of it in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online