1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Has Recovered from serious error!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Y4J, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Y4J

Y4J Thread Starter

For some reason, now when I have been turning on my laptop lately, a window pops up right when everything loads up and it says "Windows has recovered from a serious error." Now I have had that window before if windows blue screened, but this window has been coming up after I normally shut down the laptop, and everything had worked fine while I was on it. I did recently blue screen, but I haven't after that yet I still get that window. The error report says this stuff..

"this error report includes: information regarding the condition when the problem occurred, the operating system version and computer haridware in use, and the ISP address of your computer."

"THE FOLLWOING FILES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THIS ERROR REPORT
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041604-04.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Y4J\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml"

So any ideas on what's going on?

By the way, I'm running Windows XP Pro.

2. Firah

Firah

Y4J,

This MSKB article addresses the problem.

Turning off Error Reporting should help also.

3. Y4J

Y4J Thread Starter

I downlaoded the patch and it did nothing, but when I did that page thing is said, it worked. THanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice