have 20 gig hard but only show as 1.99 gig in windows??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dong979

hi.. thx u for looking at my forum. ..

i just reinstalled windows 98 and i have 20 gig of hard drive.
but it only shows up as 1.99 gig hard drive in windows. i trid to format but it still has only 1.99 ... if u guy have n e ideas plz reply
thx u . very much... bye..~~^^+:confused:

dong979

im dont know that much about computers..
what do u mean. by. format fat32 .. ?????
can u tell me a steps plz... how to get my 20 gig hard drive back.. thx u

dong979,

Another cause for Windows to see only 1.99GB instead of 20GB is your motherboards BIOS. How old is it? Did you try flashing the BIOS so that it could recognize the full 20 GB?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online