Have a few questions on REformating win98.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wolverine_X

I got ahold of a wind98 2nd edition disk. i am now going through my system and checking on things i might want to save. What i need to know is i also got a win98 starts here disk. Do i need to use this or can i just use win98 disk or is the win98 starts here also a full disk? Also i got a boot disk with the win98 2nd edition. Should i use that or would it be better making one of my system? And one other question. I found my reg. key for my win98 but corse don't have the disk. So should i use my key or the one i got with win98 2nd? Thanks for any help. John

When you install the 98SE it will require only the key for that OS when you install. I am presuming that it is a full and not upgrade. If it is an upgrade and Win98 is currently on the drive you still should not need anything but the 98SE key.

You probably won’t be able to make your own boot disk without the Win98 CD – it usually asks for it. Download one: http://www.bootdisk.com/original.htm Make sure you use the OEM disk – the 98SE disk should do. It is different from the floppy that comes with Windows and most online instructions use the boot disk.

I haven’t played with a Windows 98 starts here disk but I don’t think you will find anything useful for what you are doing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online