1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

have a problem starting my computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by maria430606, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maria430606

maria430606 Thread Starter

Having problems with my windows 7 computer will not open up, have to go through start up then try to fix it when it does work I turn off at night next morning the same what is causing this problem. quite often I get internet not resonding. I am a novice at computers is there some who advise me of the cause:confused:

2. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

Sounds like you have 2 issues:

1. Starting the computer
    -If you are getting startup repair, it is not shutting down right. Make sure you are shutting down the computer correctly from the start button.
    2. Internet is not responding
    -Sounds like a classic message from IE (INTERNET EXPLORER). You will likely need to roll back to IE 8 if you are having this issue with IE 9. Also, try installing an alternate browser like firefox or google chrome.

I hope this information helps.

3. maria430606

maria430606 Thread Starter

thank you so much for reply I do know what you mean sometimes you can see a programe behind my picture and before I get chance to cancel the close down it as already done. I do not always get the message to restart, now it seem sometimes it is a hit or amiss, so I do not know why because it closes down normal and i always use the start button so why sometimes and not others. about the internet explorer I do not understand what you are saying as like I say I am a novice at this. So thank you once again trying to help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!