1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Have a TB SSD, disk full after 1 game

Discussion in 'Games' started by MSpacc, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSpacc

MSpacc Thread Starter

I have a new 15 inch HP Omen that comes with 2 drives, one of them is a terabyte solid state hard drive.
    I installed GTA V onto my laptop and a couple small games (civ 4 and minecraft) and it's telling me my disk space is full and I can't install anything else.

My boyfriend has very similar specs on his pc and has installed over 10 games easily.

How do I free up space and enable myself to have more than 1 major game on my laptop ?

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Are you sure you installed the games on the TB SSD and not the other drive? I'm guessing this may be a smaller boot drive and the installers have defaulted to this one. If this is not the case, I recommend using WinDirStat to analyse the disk usage on the 1TB drive, since these games should not occupy that amount of space; it's likely something else, and the application I pointed to should help you determine that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice