1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HAve to cloak my IP while using connectify type program.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by belanerna, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belanerna

belanerna Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have ended up with quite the problem... I ordered a Kindle Fire and just managed to recieve it before I had to move. I had to move for work so am going to be living in Scandinavia for the next year. The problems to come never crossed my mind...

I powered up my kindle for the first real use since recieveing it, went into the amazon appstore to download some painting programs and stuff liek that for my kid to fiddle with becasue we had a long car ride ahead of us and then I realised what a mistake the Kindle was... It refuses to led you download ANYTHING from outside the U.S.A.!! I mean not even a free version of angry birds. "Region not supported"!!

So now I am left with a kindle fire that is completley shut off from any apps/ebooks/etc...

So I started looking for a solution and decided it would be a good idea to root it and then install google appstore, I have seen many videos of people who have done this and it works just great. Also jsut downloading apps, transferring them to the kindle, then installing them on the kindle, but you have to have a file manager like Astro to do this!

Rooting it was not a problem. I Have successfully rooted the Kindle Fire but I can not go anywhere from here.

In order to install the googel appstore, go launcher, or anyhting liek that I have to download the appropriate apk file, then navigate to it with a file manager like Astro File Manager, then I can install.

Problem is I can not download the free file manager because Amazon blocks me from downloading anything at all!

I decided to try to trick amazon by getting on my laptop which uses a mobile conenction for internet, I connected to the internet and then started up hotspot shield to cloak my IP to an American I.P. address, used conenctify.me to use my laptop as a wireless hotspot for my kindle... The problem is that connectify reroutes data traffic directly from the mobile net so it completley bypasses the hotspotshield software, thus showing amazon a scandinavian IP.

Is there any way I can get around this? Any program I can use to force my laptop to share the cloaked data stream through the wifi? Any other ideas at all?

Thanks for taking the time to read through :) I wanted to be thorough.

(If I just would have known I could have installed a file manager before moving :(( )

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry, but we cannot help with something like this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice