Have to ctr-alt-delete before using computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jld54

When i boot up my winxp it comes up fine except that i have to ctr alt del and end task (even though there is nothing showing in the task pane) before i can use the computer. once i do this everything works fine. Can you help? Thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome.

In safe mode, do you have the same problem?

jld54

Haven't tried it in safe mode, I have taken everything out of the start up and it still does it. It seems there is something running in the background but nothing shows up. It does it only when i turn the computer on and sometimes when i do a hot boot. If it continues i will redo the windows and be done with it. Was just wondering if there was a solution. thanks

click start > run > msconfig

Click on the startup tab and untick everything, click ok and reboot.

See how it acts now. Is everything better? If not then post back, if however it does seem better, then go back in to msconfig and enable things 1 at a time, rebooting after each item until you find one that you enable that causes the problem again.

THe let us know what it is.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
i have to ctr alt del and end task (even though there is nothing showing in the task pane) before i can use the computer

I was wondering about that too. :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

jld54

There is nothing in the box to end task i just end task and close the task manager and it works perfect. Already took everything out of the start up menu and it still does the same thing. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online