1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Have to disconnect and reconnect wireless each reboot

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AngryClip, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AngryClip

AngryClip Thread Starter

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 and each time I restart the computer I am unable to use the wireless network.

The wireless icon in the taskbar claims it is connected but I have to click disconnect and then connect each time (it is connecting to the correct network).

The issue is limited to Widnows 10 as I dual boot this machine and don't have this problem with debian (nor do any of my other devices on the network).

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

2. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

There are a few things that may need to be looked at.
    1 updated drivers for WiFi
    2 remove wireless network and reattach it with password.
    3 reset networking settings either through the command prompt or with some software like Rizonesoft Complete Internet repair http://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/ I'm pretty sure it's one of those.. or a combination of all three :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. AngryClip

AngryClip Thread Starter

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your suggestions, if it helps this is the device I am using: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00416Q5KI/

1) Windows update says that the latest drivers are installed (see attached).
    2) This is what I have to do after each reboot.
    3) I assuming a reboot will reset the network stack, if not do you have the command I need to run (I'd like to refrain from installing the Rizeonesoft software)

Attached Files:

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Realtek RTL8192CU wireless adapter doesn't have a complete driver/utility package for Windows 10, so a generic driver for Windows 10 is what's likely being used.
    The most current generic driver for Windows 10 appears to be 1027.4.630.2015
    What driver version does yours have?

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. AngryClip

AngryClip Thread Starter

Thanks Flavallee, I am indeed using that driver version (screenshot attached).

I am assuming I am out of options now so looking for workarounds.

Is it possible to create a batch script to dissconnect/connect to the wireless network each reboot (preferably before the user login prompt).

Attached Files:

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I know nothing about creating a batch file, so I can't answer your question.

You might consider switching to a USB wireless adapter that fully supports Windows 10.
    The ones that I use have a Realtek RTL8812AU chip, but there are others.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice