1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Have to log into Facebook every time...why?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bj nick, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I am wondering if this is a non-Facebook problem: Every time I go into Facebook, I have to give my email and password....this didn't use to happen, and I'm wondering if it's a problem where something is getting blocked, or a cookie problem, etc....anyone have an idea? (of course I click "remember me." )

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Assuming you're using Internet Explorer 7 or 8, open IE, click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab > Settings > slide the bar to Medium.

Click on Advanced...

Uncheck the boxes in there.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I checked and it's already on medium. On the advanced tab, what's checked are the options allowing first and third party cookies. Should I change that?

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Leave them on "Allow".

What happens if you lower the slide bar again one notch to "Low"? If there's no improvement, it might not be a cookie issue.

Look at your security programs' options. You might have something set to block third party cookies. Perhaps your firewall?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/865786