Have to log on Google Meet to get stable internet

evrlong

Since my ISP is phasing out the copper network and I do not have access to fiber, wireless broadband (5G) became the solution. I have struggled with unstable internet on laptop, mobile and desktop (cable). I have tried to ping with all the devices at the same time to 3 different addresses, and they ping out synchronously. It is stable when I only ping the router.

What now surprises me is that I have a stable network when I am in a meeting via Google Meet, but as soon as I log out, the network started to ping out again

I have tested the theory where I create meetings over google meet with myself, and I get the same result every time. Stable when I'm at Google Meet, unstable when I sign out. This does not make sense in my eyes.

Attaches 2 text files where I log when I ping while I am on google meet (PingGoogleMeet) and when I turn off google meet (LoggOffGoogleMeet).

(I log off Google Meet at 11:29.00)

Have also done the same attempt where I ping vg.no, where I get the same result, both over cable (desktop) and wireless (laptop).

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

What are the other options you have for Internet access mediums? Cable???

You may want to consider changing the ISP you are with.

What happens when you ping an IP address and not an FQDN when not connected? i.e. ping 8.8.8.8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online