1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Have to re-plug USB-Mouse after each Reboot??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by seashell, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seashell

seashell Thread Starter

Hi folks!

i got a brandnew dell pc (2,8Ghz Pentium D, Win XP Media Center Ed.). And i got a problem with the Hama S1 Gaming Mouse:

The mouse has 2 additional buttons and a wheely. Without installing the Driver, the wheely does not work after each reboot. I have to re-plug the mouse (pulling the usb-plug out of the pc and reconnecting it) to make the wheely work.

IF i install the driver (downloaded newest version), and use the software to configure the additional buttons (for going forward and backward in browser for example), they don't work, none of the 2 additional buttons seems to work properly. And i got the same problem with the wheely - it only works after replug.

any ideas?

Other usb-devices work correct ( Keyboard)

2. matt_aj

matt_aj

I would contact Dell on that... If they can't figure it out, they should either replace the mobo or the mouse under warranty.

3. seashell

seashell Thread Starter

If i use the standart-dell mouse, everything is fine. The thing is that it hasn't got the additional 2 buttons i want. the other mouse is not from dell but from Hama, i contacted Hama on that matter but got no reply so far. Anyone got the same problem or any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/468805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice