have to reboot to get on internet again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pathtn

when i start the computer and log on to the internet it's fine. then i log off and leave the computer on . when i try to log on the internet again i get a blue screen.
fatal exception 0028:coo64044 in vxd
vnetbios (01) +00001548
the current application will be terminated.
i reboot the computer and it's fine, but if i leave it on for awhile the blue screen is back when i attempt to log on the internet.
i wasn't sure if in the above the letter is a v or u.

Hi, and welcome to the Forum! :)

What operating system are you using? Windows 95 or 98? Do you just use a regular dial-up connection, or do you have a cable modem or DSL?

If you are using Windows 95, try going to this link, and downloading the Dial-up Networking upgrade:

DUN upgrade

Also, how long has this been happening? Did you recently install any anti-virus software. It could be the culprit. It could also be a problem with your modem or dial-up adapter.

Post back with more info.

Columbo :D

its not disconnecting & rebooting severs the connection. Update the drivers to the modem & see if there is an update for the network dialup adapter as well.

pathtn

i am using windows 98, this has been happening for about one week.

Hi Pat,

So this problem has been occuring for the last week?
What changes to your system had you made prior to this? Did you recently install, or remove any software from your system? Did you add, remove, or upgrade any devices?

Try right-clicking on the Network Neighborhood icon, and choose properties. What have you got listed there underneath "Configuration"?
Also, when you go to connect, do you just double-click the Internet Explorer icon, or do you dial-up a connection through the Dial-Up Networking folder instead?

Just need a bit more info.

pathtn

under network neighborhood
client for microsoft networks
client for netware networks
aol adapter
aol dial up adapter
dial up adapter

i click on a dial up connecter

use strato. net as an isp and aol as a piggyback

Hi,

Try removing the "Client for Novell Networks" service. Unless you can think of a need for it :confused:
Also, what do you use the AOL adapter(s) for? I'd be willing to bet that they are contributing to the problem.
Try removing the AOL adapters, along with the Novell service. Then reboot, and try to dial-up again. See if that works. You can always re-add them if it doesn't.

I must be missing something here:( :confused:

Columbo

pathtn

hi, if i remove the aol adapter how can i add it again. i connect thru strato net and then i go to aol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online