1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

have to reboot to get on internet again

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by pathtn, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pathtn

pathtn Thread Starter

when i start the computer and log on to the internet it's fine. then i log off and leave the computer on . when i try to log on the internet again i get a blue screen.
    fatal exception 0028:coo64044 in vxd
    vnetbios (01) +00001548
    the current application will be terminated.
    i reboot the computer and it's fine, but if i leave it on for awhile the blue screen is back when i attempt to log on the internet.
    i wasn't sure if in the above the letter is a v or u.

2. columbo

columbo

Hi, and welcome to the Forum! :)

What operating system are you using? Windows 95 or 98? Do you just use a regular dial-up connection, or do you have a cable modem or DSL?

If you are using Windows 95, try going to this link, and downloading the Dial-up Networking upgrade:

DUN upgrade

Also, how long has this been happening? Did you recently install any anti-virus software. It could be the culprit. It could also be a problem with your modem or dial-up adapter.

Post back with more info.

Columbo :D

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

its not disconnecting & rebooting severs the connection. Update the drivers to the modem & see if there is an update for the network dialup adapter as well.

4. pathtn

pathtn Thread Starter

i am using windows 98, this has been happening for about one week.

5. pathtn

pathtn Thread Starter

i am using a dial up adapter

6. columbo

columbo

Hi Pat,

So this problem has been occuring for the last week?
    What changes to your system had you made prior to this? Did you recently install, or remove any software from your system? Did you add, remove, or upgrade any devices?

Try right-clicking on the Network Neighborhood icon, and choose properties. What have you got listed there underneath "Configuration"?
    Also, when you go to connect, do you just double-click the Internet Explorer icon, or do you dial-up a connection through the Dial-Up Networking folder instead?

Just need a bit more info.

7. pathtn

pathtn Thread Starter

under network neighborhood
    client for microsoft networks
    client for netware networks
    aol adapter
    aol dial up adapter
    dial up adapter

i click on a dial up connecter

use strato. net as an isp and aol as a piggyback

8. columbo

columbo

Hi,

Try removing the "Client for Novell Networks" service. Unless you can think of a need for it :confused:
    Also, what do you use the AOL adapter(s) for? I'd be willing to bet that they are contributing to the problem.
    Try removing the AOL adapters, along with the Novell service. Then reboot, and try to dial-up again. See if that works. You can always re-add them if it doesn't.

I must be missing something here:( :confused:

Columbo

9. pathtn

pathtn Thread Starter

hi, if i remove the aol adapter how can i add it again. i connect thru strato net and then i go to aol

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice