1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Have you created a system repair disc??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by donetao, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. donetao

donetao Banned Thread Starter

Hi Have you created a system repair disc?? You will some day wish you had. You also need to create your system restore media if your PC didn't come with it.
    Here's the difference and IMHO you need both of them. Don't wait until you can't boot into Windows!!:p It will be to late!!
    http://www.andyrathbone.com/2009/12...very-discs-and-windows-7s-system-repair-disc/

2. donetao

donetao Banned Thread Starter

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Too bad most of these pleas will fall on dead ears. Reminds me of all the dead smokers I know who believed it couldn't happen to them, that somehow they were immune?

All that had to happen to me 20 years ago was completely losing Windows and everything on the system to realize if I didn't backup what was important I was wasting my time. It's like the choice of "save" or "run" on a download. How can an intelligent person not figure out they should always save the download they just bought, rather than treat it as a disposable?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    All of my operating systems and drivers for each computer are on cds/dvds as the case may be. all of the programs i use whether free or paid are on cds also. i stopped using the recovery/restore disks years ago because if you want it the way it came from the factory you will get everything it came with originally that you might not need or want.and anything important from my documents is also safe on cds/dvds. so in case of a crash im not worried.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice