1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Have you upgraded to or installed Ubuntu 10.04 yet?

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by tomdkat, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

I haven't upgraded yet but I plan on doing so next week.

Have you upgraded to 10.04 or installed it yet? If so, what do you think about it?

Peace...

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

I like it. Not too many changes since 9.10. I like the Social Networking capability of it, and I think it handles pics and vids a little bit better too.

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    I'm running the Netbook Edition of Ubuntu 10.04. Very impressed - plymouth works now (log on screen etc). From selecting Ubuntu at boot 'til on line (wireless) approx 45 seconds max including typing username & p/w. Boot time matters on laptop but less on desktop I guess.
    Operationally moves fast - no figures but compared to Vista I can see a real difference.

Switching from Netbook to Gnome at logon works well in both directions.
    Wireless connection simple to set up. Mobile broadband worked 'out of the box' on first time use.

Hope others also enjoying the newest Ubuntu?

Richard

4. saikee

saikee

Always run at least two copies of Ubuntu in the box. I am keeping the 9.04 as it is fast and robust. It was the last one that uses Grub1 as newer versions have faulted to Grub2.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice