Haveing problems createing a game server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigk

I'm trying to create a server for Wolfenstein: enemy territory. Click here to download the full version game! <-- its legal dont worry. :)

I have the 2.60 patch for Wolfenstein enemy territory and I've been trying to create a server. For some reason when ever I create a "host game" IT NEVER SHOWS UP IN THE LIST ON ANOTHER COMPUTER. I dont understand why? Does it take time for it to hit the master server? Because the console says some thing about sending a heart beat to "etmaster.idsoftware.com" Also I've tryed it on both dedicated and non-dedicated. We have it where the fire wall in letting it through so every thing is ok there and we can actually go on and get the list of the other servers, so we know the program can communicate to the internet.

So do you got any ideas on why my server isn't showing up on the list?

Computer specs:
windows xp (pro) SP2
1.0ghz
dsl connection line

So can any one help me out here?

thanks,

bigk :)

Have you forwarded the ports in your router to allow the game traffic to get through? I'm not sure which ports Enemy Territory needs opened i would suggest googling it. Then open them in your router and restart the server.

right, for a start the host game servers can only be used on a LAN connection, the only way to get your own is to pay some company that will create one for use on the main game. if you go host game, on the other pc instead of searching on the internet go to local and it should be there (providing youve got a LAN network setup)
Hope this helps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online