1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

having 2 dual core processors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jrochte, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jrochte

jrochte Thread Starter

Is the technology too new to think about getting 2 dual core processors seeing that the computer will not be used as a server? CAn any games take benefit of the dual core double processor? Any CAD programs able too use this technology?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

3. jrochte

jrochte Thread Starter

So pricey I can see, as normal of anything that just recently comes out on the market. What about if software has caught up with the technology of multithreading/hyperthreading?

4. chaosfusin

chaosfusin

Thats where everything gets interesting. People will go and buy the latest hardware but no software has been romotely made or for that matter optomized for it. Really makes you wonder what the heck the guys are thinking when they put this stuff out man this makes me not want to move into vista early...

5. jrochte

jrochte Thread Starter

Its almost as if the software companies are not sure of the new Multi-threading HT technology. Therefore unwilling(or just not having the time) to optimize the software to take advantage of this?

6. chaosfusin

chaosfusin

IMO Thats where my mind is at right now I mean look at all the things that has happened recently to keep software vendors on their toes. I mean on the GPU side there was the new 6 and 7 series along with X and X1 series. Crossfire and SLI, and 64bit cpu flood at socket 754, xp64 bit never getting the push it needed. on the HD side there's sata1 and sata2, Dual core cpu's and now quad core cpus. Geforce 8 and Rade x2 series should come out right about the time vista hits and if id doesn't it will be really strange. PCI express alone was something else. and with new hardware literally hitting the scene every month software vendors keep having to stay up day and night just to get themselves up to par.

7. steveb1492

steveb1492

CAD might be able to (but thats a totally wild guess).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice