Having a problem with WordXp mail merge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

medee

I am having a problem creating labels using mail merge in Word Xp . I am using the wizard and have about 120 or so contacts that I want to make mailing labels for but after I click Update I only get the first page of 60 labels.
:eek: :( :confused:

hi medee,

did you set any query selections?

are you sure there aren't more pages?

60 labels on 1 page seems a lot!

lol
Hew

medee

Actually it is one page of 30 labels my Mistake. There is only one page ( 1/1 shows in the status bar).

good morning. did you make it all the way thru to Step 6 of 6 in the wizard? If so, did you then do Step 7 of 6, which is to click on "Edit Individual Labels"? Until you do that step, you're just looking at a sample page, not the entire data set. (Microsoft really made this wizard confusing.)

- Nancy

in order to make sure you have all the records, go to the mail merge recipients (it is a lot easier if you have the merge toolbar visible) and make sure it says select all (or that all the ones you want are selected). to avoid the confusion ivolved by the way ms displays the finished product, just merge to new document or directly to printer. you really should never merge to form document. and don't bother saving the set of labels. the beauty of mail-merge is that as long as you have a form, every time you use it, you data will be current.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online