Having card issues..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lostxsoulz

:eek: Im either complete stupid or just clueless wait i might be both....anyways my computer is not made or intended for high end gaming but what i wannta be able to do with my computer is to play CS and CZ and Halo with high fps ...did that make any sense ?....well i have a AGP slot thats a version 2.0 and supports 1x/2x/4x and i've been gathering information on AGP cards Vs. The PCI cards....AGP is better i realize this but the thing is i dont have a cridit card to buy stuff online so i need to go and buy it from a stroy which blows i know but what can i do ? LMAO anyways i ways here are my specs and after that will follow my GPU cards i have been looking at btw i have S3 Prosavage DDR IGP and i have right now $150 dollars to get whatever i need to get my fps higher than 21 fps. P.S im a sutdent so thats why i dont have moeny to blow like other floks here

Mobo: KM2M L-Combo [M-ATX]
PSU: Power Man 250 watt atx
Ram: 512 PC2700 RAM
Video: IGP
Sound: Sound Blaster Live! LS 5.1
Slots: AGP 2.0 PCI 1.0 Slost

anything else you guys/girls need ill be happy to post ....Thank you very much i appericate the help in advanced

4X AGP.. that is a bit slow.. My FX5200 is at 8X AGP..
I'm trying to get a card that's better for only $125.. You just need to ask around.

As a student, just go ask the campus geeks to "Hook ya Up"...
They should know who and where, or even have used they will sell ya.

What's your Processor?
More RAM can help..
And is that on-board vid?.. just getting a card will help there.. Free's up system RAM.

I have 512MB RAM and games run OK, med detail.. Half Life 2 ran good, but would "jump" at times..

250W power may be getting low for any good graphics cards..
I now have a 330W PSU... Though I'm limited by my vid card and RAM.. Hoping to change that soon.

lostxsoulz

my processor ? well i know its a AMD Athlon 2400+ as for ram its a 512 PC2700 Im thinkin about getting the 9600 SE someone said it was a good card...cuz i have 512 in there but windows says theres only 480 or somthing like that ...idk but do u think out of that list which one is the best for me ? i plan on playing CZ and CS and Halo

My FX 5200 has it's own power lead.. So yes if it has one, plug it in..

If you have a pic of the card you should see the "female" plug end,(? Molex ?) if it has one..

As for cards... I just don't know.. I'm still learning those.

RAM........... I too have 512MB of system RAM, and 128MB of video RAM (on the card it self), though many higher end games would work better with 1 gig of System RAM..

lostxsoulz

i bought the ATi radeon 9600 Pro but why am i still getting 30 fps ?..... cant i change that ? what about this thing i hear about over clocking ?... i have the ATi Tool

30fps sounds bout right for a low end card try turn some details down With my 6800 i cant max everything out unless i overclock it some.

lostxsoulz

i've tried that and still 30 fps how and can i o/c my card with the ATi tool ? how long will it take ? and should i close background apps ?

well i use ati tool on my geforce 6800 to overclock it. close extra apps and just run ati tool and click find max core. it will go for 5-10 mins then stop at the max save that go back to stock then click find max memory. after it finds that you can set the core and memory to wat it found and try to game.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online