1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Having fps problems, I didn't have before

Discussion in 'Games' started by Skrski, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skrski

Skrski Thread Starter

I suddenly started having low fps on games. I used to run minecraft at like 100-200 fps and now when i try to play a game that's not even strong at all and which i should run with no problem i get from 20 to 30 fps and I have no idea why this is happening. I tried everything: Deinstalling programs, running anti-virus scan, Updated all the drivers and still not much changed so PLEASE if you have any advice help me.

Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU G3250
    RAM: 8 gb
    Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420

2. Skrski

Skrski Thread Starter

Computer is 2-3 years old

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We need more information on your computer than what you provided, so please do the following in it:
    Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
    After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
    Information about your computer will appear.
    Return here, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text in your reply.

Clipboard.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Skrski

Skrski Thread Starter

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3250 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 8131 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 1862 GB (1764 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASRock, H81M-VG4 R3.0
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Get rid of Avast Antivirus and stick with Windows 10's built-in antivirus app Windows Defender Antivirus.
    Windows 10 doesn't do well in some computers that have a third-party antivirus app installed.

Your computer has a weak processor and graphics device, so you can't expect to have a quality gaming experience with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Skrski

Skrski Thread Starter

Alright, I found out exactly why my pc performance was so weaker than before. I haven't cleaned my pc since i bought it, so a couple hours ago i cleaned the inside of it and now It's running just like before! If anyone had problems like this and tried everything maybe you just have to clean your pc. Thank you for help anyways!!!

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Blowing out the inside of a computer case should be part of its routine maintenance, especially if it's used in a dusty environment.
    If the inside of the case gets clogged with dust, especially the processor heat sink cooling unit, the computer will run slower to prevent damage from overheating.
    I keep a portable hair dryer handy just for that purpose when servicing computers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice