1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having major audio problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Starhooper, Apr 2, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Starhooper

Starhooper Thread Starter

I have updated High def audio driver, unistalled, restarted pc. I have done anything and everything a google search can produce. Watched about 10 different videos and none are similar or close to fixing my problem.

Basically anything involving audio be it games, youtube videos the audio will just cut in and out sometimes cutting out for good on youtube videos until I reload the page. I wish someone would get on discord so I could screen share and show how when I right click the sounds in the bottom right, go to playblack it has speakers as default device but every couple seconds my headphone appear and disappear over and over and over and over. I cant even select the headphone to disable to anything. Can someone PLEASE help. I just want my audio to work again. I cant even watch 5 seconds of anything or play a game without the audio just being god awful.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Some basic info:

1) What devices are listed in Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers"? I ask because "High Def audio driver" (and usually has HDMI in the description) is typically the generic term for the video card audio used for the HDMI output and it sounds like you are using the traditional audio chipset and the 3.5mm motherboard/case ports. (ie: two different things) In which case, you need to be installing the drivers for the onboard audio chipset.

2) Do you actually have headphones plugged in? If so, disconnect them. Otherwise, that sounds like a hardware fault, although it could also be drivers.

If this is an OEM computer (ie: Dell, HP, etc.), then you can get the drivers from the computer manufacturers website. If it's home built, then you will need to know the motherboard brand/model for the onboard chipset, or the sound card brand/model for an addon audio card. Then you would get the drivers from the board manufacturers website.

3. Starhooper

Starhooper Thread Starter

Under Sound, video, and game controllers I have Blue Snowball, c922 Pro Stream Webcam, High Definition Audio Device, NVIDIA High Definition Audio.

I dont always have the headphone plugged in. I have tried to fix with my speakers (plugged into the back green audio jack) and with headphones too.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Try using the latest drivers from the manufacturer. And please provide that information so that we can see what hardware/drivers which we are dealing with.

If this is an OEM computer (ie: Dell, HP, etc.), then you can get the drivers from the computer manufacturers website. If it's home built, then you will need to know the motherboard brand/model for the onboard chipset, or the sound card brand/model for an addon audio card. Then you would get the drivers from the board manufacturers website.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice