1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

having problems backing up files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by devox, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devox

devox Thread Starter

i installed Libra 0.9.2: Organize your books, movies, music and more in an efficient way. and added photo's of movies on it. then copied the file folder in programs files (x86) to a external drive thinking if i was to have to install this program at another time i could replace these in the program file folder under libra. well when i uninstalled the program a few nights ago and reinstalled it later all of my pictures reappeared as if i never uninstalled it .... where are those files still at (what folder) i need to save so i can complete my back up files. i'm using windows 7 .

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

They should be in the folder you saved them to. Aren't they there? Some programs store things in folders in Program Data which you'll need to have View Hidden Files on to see.

3. devox

devox Thread Starter

when i first installed this program i was thinking that if i copied the files from the programs files (x86) to a external drive i would be able to copy them back there if i reinstalled it on another computer. the reason i would do that is because as you use this program you add pictures to this virtual library so visialy you can open it and see the full catalog of movies you have down in the basement let say. so as time goes by you add these pictures and hit save. so somewhere there is a file that gets updated each time and i figured it would be in the programs files (x86) folder because there are no other folders in the directory that has the name libra which is the name of the program....now i uninstalled it last night and restarted the computer to refresh the registery. so basically the computer should not have any files related to the program or at least the file that has the catalog of pictures. i didn't add the programs files (x86) files i made copies of. i want to see first after installing it cleanly that it should be blank then i would have then started to add files to the install folder to see which one contained my catalog of photo's ........so where do you think this file is located becuse it's some where or else how did it have the catalog of my photos after a fresh reinstall

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

When you uninstall a program it leaves traces behind in the registry and other parts of your computer. When you reinstalled it it automatically reassociated those files with the program again. If you know the names of the files try searching for them then click properties and it should tell you where they're stored.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148338

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice