1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having problems creating new account at T-bird

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by xyl3, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xyl3

xyl3 Thread Starter

HI, a few days ago my computer was attacked be a nast virus and I had to have the hard drive wiped, and a guy is helping me see if ANY of my emails from Tbird have been salvaged, but he is away till Monday, and had been just before trying to help me get at least an email account going. Now the problem seems to be this: when I first began creating an account, I was confused by the last bit--the last box, and by the time I had spent on it, it was late and I had to go to bed, but I had asked the guy--Tom--helping me to send me a print/file to show me the original setting I had before the problems with my computer--ie the old Tbirb setting which he thankfully found. HOWEVER, when I thins morning clicked on the Tbird icon, the format looked different, so I am not sure if after I cancelled the process/creating an email account last night that something has been created. I say this because when I am now trying to create a 'new email account' and am putting my name, passowrd etc in it is saying the passowrd is not verified..? So I do not understahnd this. All I want is to begin again and create an account, but I don't understand what is wrong nor what to do. Can anyone help please?

2. xyl3

xyl3 Thread Starter

I remember a time at Tch guy you would get quicker response than this?

3. xyl3

xyl3 Thread Starter

I find this very strange that this has had 76 views and not anyone can help me with this? I mean this was/is urgent

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I do not understand. What password is not verified? Maybe a screen shot or two (obliterate your name and account name) would help.

5. xyl3

xyl3 Thread Starter

OK, thanks---Juest let me remind you. I had a serious virus problem and lost all my emails. So I dowloaded Tbird, clicked on the icon and I clicked 'creat email account'. So I then put down my name, email address and created a new password and then I was through to the next page etc. When I came to the final bit--a box that needed numbers and STLs etc, Tom who was helping me told me to put in different numbers and change STLto none etc, so I was confused. by this time it was late and so I asked if he would send me a print of the bok with all the correct settings, and then I stopped the creating of a new email account. Ie., as far as I know I did not submit anything, I just discontinued it. cancelled it, and turned off computer.

In the morning I was glad to find Tom had sent me the 'correct' settings, and so I opened up THbird again but noticed the first page seemed different. But I clicked the 'create new account button' and tried to again put my name, email, and password in (the same password I had used first time--that I had just created then (ie., it wasn't an old password), but THIS time I got a notice that --when I click the 'create account button' by the password is the notice "user name or password invalid"

And another notice saying "configuration could not be verified - is the user name or password wrong?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice