1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

having problems whith my computer when playing games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sav, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sav

Sav Thread Starter

hello im wondering if anyone know or has experience this problem.
    it started 2 days ago and when i was playing WoW( world of warcraft). and my monitor turn black and an message pops up saying theres no video or over range and thats it and it keeps happening when i play other games to.

my computer is a computer i run windows xp on it i have a radon graphics card 9550

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    It would seem that the games are forcing either your monitor or video card into resolutions they can't handle.

Open the games setup programs and reduce the resolution until you find one that works, and suits you.

3. Aus_Louie

Aus_Louie

WoW tends to overheat the whole computer by up to 50% ! which is alot... are you sure you wernt playing the game for like 24 hours straight or more like so many of the other WoW players do?

4. davedavid

davedavid

techkid offered the most likely explanation. The gradual and cumulative heat damage you're claiming is questionable in its generalization, as it seems to be nothing but an excuse to poke fun at this person's preference in games. (n) If this were the case, WoW and any other program of similar processing demand would cause the computer to overheat in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. Don't be such an opportunist to make sly fun of people.

5. Sav

Sav Thread Starter

ok thank you :)

6. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    One question I did forget to ask:

Before this problem started, did you perform any software or hardware installations or updates?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice