1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Having problems with burned cd's

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Mr. Shin, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr. Shin

Mr. Shin Thread Starter

Hi all, I know this topic has been beaten to death already. I ran a search and it answered a few questions but I'm still having trouble with playing burned cd's in my car or any other regular cd player.

I'm using Nero 5 and for some reason I can't play my burned cd's.
    I tried converting the files to Wav from Mp3. I've checked if the cd will be finalized when it's done burning, i've reinstalled Nero several times all to no avail.
    This wasn't a problem until recently. I defraged the computer and reinstalled everyhing. I'm leaning toward the notion that I may have burner issues. The cd's burn perfectly fine, they just won't play. I've also noticed that I get error messages when trying to access my D: drive (cd-rom) Saying that it's not ready even though a music cd has been put in. Any suggestions? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi Mike - welcome to Tech Support Guy. :)

I had the <b>exact</b> same problem as you. I found a resolution by testing different CDR media brands and found that the Nashua brand and PNY brands work best for burning music CDs. Both brands play fine in my car/portable/PC and stereo CD players.

Surprisingly, Imation and the other better known brands did NOT work for me.

I'd suggest trying one of the above listed brands and see if that helps. BTW .... they are inexpensive, too.

Good luck!

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It's interesting that your players are brand sensitive. After I discovered that older 80 minute CD's didn't work for audio CD's, I've burned my CD's for my car changer with whatever is on sale, and they've all worked 100%. Newer 80 minute CD's don't seem to have the problems that the ones that you got 3-4 years ago did, they've worked fine for me as well.

4. joe2cool

joe2cool

Hi !! Johnwill ...really you should be able to use any brand of cd for the process you are mentioning.;) I've tried all brands when making various coasters, no preference from expensive or cheap as to which could cause any burning problems.

Certain audio equipment will have problems ! Have they ever played your burned CD's?

Is Nero the only software on your system because if EZ CD creator is also there conflicts can occur !!??

Is your system a 'Combo' meaning all in one CD ROM, BURNER, DVD because the error msg can occur when system is so warm from burning process, then resort to usual performance. :)

:)

For use in home stereo you must burn at 'disc at once'

:cool:

5. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Have you tried burning at slower speed, for example 8x? Sometimes neither the media nor the player but the burning speed is the culprit.

6. Mr. Shin

Mr. Shin Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll try a couple suggestions and see how they work out.

Again thanks

Mike

7. joe2cool

joe2cool

[tsg=yourewelcome][/tsg]

8. slipe

slipe

Compatibility varies a lot with the burner. My old HP was really picky about what it would burn to so it could be read in my entertainment players. My SCSI Plextor will burn to anything shiny so it can be read anywhere. Media I had put aside as unusable in the HP worked fine and played on anything with the Plextor. Compatibility has improved with the newer burners and higher speed is the preferred mode with compatible media.

Your best bet is to have Nero convert from MP3 directly to CDA. Doing a separate conversion to wave is a waste of time unless you want to do some modifications to the music in an old wave editor that wonÂ’t work directly with the MP3s.

You might try one of those cleaner CDs you can find in a music store. The laser can get dirty over time and not burn as well.

If you have an older burner it might be cheaper to just buy a new one than keep burning coasters and trying different brands of media and cleaners. You can get a 52X Lite-On delivered for $60 online and Office Depot has a 48X Sony for $40 after a $20 rebate this week.

9. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

slipe said ...

Plextor is the best CD writer. Plextor is to CD-Writers what Rolex is to watches. I have two CD-RW drives, one Plextor and the other Samsung. Plextor is far superior in terms of CDs it produces. But at the same time its more expensive as well.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice